Busqueda en Videos, Miembros, Eventos, Archivos de Audio, Fotos y Blogs Buscar

Mis Oraciones

The Anglican Consultative Council, met last week in New Zealand, issued a special prayer for people affected by Hurricane Sandy in the north-eastern US: "Creating God, you have set us |más

Apoyar en Oración

Miembros del Staff

Anuncios

Página de 1
1 - 6 de 6 temas

Categorías > Educación y Carrera > Oportunidaades de educación >

JoeClark

JoeClark (hace 362 dias) (0)

I am a professor of science education at the University of Colorado Denver. I'm not (yet) an avid geocacher, but I am an avid user of GPS in hiking, amateur radio (call W0RMT), and in map-making. Recently I've been using GPS to track our field trips in the elementary science methods course (for prospective elementary teachers, as the name implies). I'd like to incorporate the use of GPS more deeply into this and other science methods courses. We offer many field experience courses at the Master's level, and individual student use of GPS would fit nicely into their course work.

To that end, I'm getting ready to order about 10 more GPS units (eTrex Legend H- we have 5 already). I am envisioning students using these to track their hikes and then use the output file as the basis for a geospatial diary (with embedded geo-referenced images, videos, field notes, etc). But it occurred to me that geocaching would also be a nice use in the course since it seems that many teachers use geocaching with their students. And earthcaching specifically would be a great addition to our field trips. I could even build that into the above mentioned use by planting my own caches for students to find on our field trips, etc.

I am a professor of science education at the University of Colorado Denver. I'm not (yet) an avid geocacher, but I am an avid user of GPS in hiking, amateur radio (call W0RMT), and in map-making. Recently I've been using GPS to track our field trips in the elementary science methods course (for prospective elementary teachers, as the name implies). I'd like to incorporate the use of GPS more deeply into this and other science methods courses. We offer many field experience courses at the Master's level, and individual student use of GPS would fit nicely into their course work.

To that end, I'm getting ready to order about 10 more GPS units (eTrex Legend H- we have 5 already). I am envisioning students using these to track their hikes and then use the output file as the basis for a geospatial diary (with embedded geo-referenced images, videos, field notes, etc). But it occurred to me that geocaching would also be a nice use in the course since it seems that many teachers use geocaching with their students. And earthcaching specifically would be a great addition to our field trips. I could even build that into the above mentioned use by planting my own caches for students to find on our field trips, etc.

I didn't find the right solution

References:

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/275265-gps-and -geocaching-in-science-teacher-education/

advertising examples

My Coursework Help Writers

My Coursework Help Writers (hace 186 dias) (0)

Worldwide Positioning systems (GPS) have become very common in recent times. Hill walkers use them, motors include satellite tv for pc navigation and plenty of modern cell phones are GPS enabled. But did that humans round the world have hidden over 1.five million portions of geo-located Tupperware? Those are called geocaches and are a part of a global recreation of hiding and in search of treasure the use of GPS.

A person can disguise a geocache anywhere in the international, pinpoint its area using GPS technology and then proportion the geocache’s lifestyles and area online at My|Coursework|Help. Everyone with a GPS device can then attempt to find the geocache.

My Coursework Help Writers

My Coursework Help Writers (hace 186 dias) (0)

HopeSolo

HopeSolo (hace 156 dias) (0)

Do stay in brain though, that those complexity and Terrain ratings are placed by the individual Cache Owners. As such, there can be fairly a lack of regularity to those given ratings. Pay To Write My Assignment UK

annashetty

annashetty (hace 82 dias) (0)

I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. run 3 cool math

annashetty

annashetty (hace 82 dias) (0)